As prescribed in 246.370,
(a) Use the clause at 252.246-7000, Material Inspection and Receiving Report, in solicitations and contracts when there will be separate and distinct deliverables, even if the deliverables are not separately priced.
(b) When contract administration is retained by the contracting office, the clause at 252.246-7000, Material Inspection and Receiving Report, is not required for—
(1) Contracts awarded using simplified acquisition procedures;
(2) Negotiated subsistence contracts;
(3) Contracts for fresh milk and related fresh dairy products;
(4) Contracts for which the deliverable is a scientific or technical report;
(5) Research and development contracts not requiring the delivery of separately priced end items;
(6) Base, post, camp, or station contracts;
(7) Contracts in overseas areas when the preparation and distribution of the DD Form 250, Material Inspection and Receiving Report, by the contractor would not be practicable. In these cases, arrange for the contractor to provide the information necessary for the contracting office to prepare the DD Form 250;
(8) Contracts for services when hardware is not acquired as an item in the contract; and
(9) Indefinite delivery type contracts placed by central contracting offices which authorize only base, post, camp, or station activities to issue orders.
MATERIAL INSPECTION AND RECEIVING REPORT (MAR 2008)
(a) At the time of each delivery of supplies or services under this contract, the Contractor shall prepare and furnish to the Government a material inspection and receiving report in the manner and to the extent required by Appendix F, Material Inspection and Receiving Report, of the Defense FAR Supplement.
(b) Contractor submission of the material inspection and receiving information required by Appendix F of the Defense FAR Supplement by using the Wide Area WorkFlow (WAWF) electronic form (see paragraph (b) of the clause at 252.232-7003) fulfills the requirement for a material inspection and receiving report (DD Form 250). Two copies of the receiving report (paper copies of either the DD Form 250 or the WAWF report) shall be distributed with the shipment, in accordance with Appendix F, Part 4, F-401, Table 1, of the Defense FAR Supplement.
(End of clause)