As prescribed in 32.611(a) and (b),
(a) The contracting officer shall insert the clause at 52.232-17, Interest, in solicitations and contracts unless it is contemplated that the contract will be in one or more of the following categories:
(1) Contracts at or below the simplified acquisition threshold.
(2) Contracts with Government agencies.
(3) Contracts with a State or local government or instrumentality.
(4) Contracts with a foreign government or instrumentality.
(5) Contracts without any provision for profit or fee with a nonprofit organization.
(6) Contracts described in Subpart 5.5, Paid Advertisements.
(7) Any other exceptions authorized under agency procedures.
(b) The contracting officer may insert the FAR clause at 52.232-17, Interest, in solicitations and contracts when it is contemplated that the contract will be in any of the categories specified in 32.611(a).
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this contract under a Price Reduction for Defective Certified Cost or Pricing Data clause or a Cost Accounting Standards clause, all amounts that become payable by the Contractor to the Government under this contract shall bear simple interest from the date due until paid unless paid within 30 days of becoming due. The interest rate shall be the interest rate established by the Secretary of the Treasury as provided in 41 U.S.C. 7109, which is applicable to the period in which the amount becomes due, as provided in paragraph (e) of this clause, and then at the rate applicable for each six-month period as fixed by the Secretary until the amount is paid.
(c) Final Decisions. The Contracting Officer will issue a final decision as required by 33.211 if—
(2) The Contractor fails to liquidate a debt previously demanded by the Contracting Officer within the timeline specified in the demand for payment unless the amounts were not repaid because the Contractor has requested an installment payment agreement; or
(3) The Contractor requests a deferment of collection on a debt previously demanded by the Contracting Officer (see 32.607-2).
(2) The date of issuance of a Government check to the Contractor from which an amount otherwise payable has been withheld as a credit against the contract debt; or
(g) The interest charge made under this clause may be reduced under the procedures prescribed in 32.608-2 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation in effect on the date of this contract.
(End of clause)