As prescribed in 47.208-2, the contracting officer shall insert the clause at 52.247-68, Report of Shipment (REPSHIP), in solicitations and contracts when advance notice of shipment is required for safety or security reasons, or where carload or truckload shipments will be made to DoD installations or, as required, to civilian agency facilities.
Report of Shipment (REPSHIP) (Feb 2006)
(a) Definition. “Domestic destination”, as used in this clause, means—
(1) A destination within the contiguous United States; or
(2) If shipment originates in Alaska or Hawaii, a destination in Alaska or Hawaii, respectively.
(b) Unless otherwise directed by the Contracting Officer, the Contractor shall—
(1) Send a prepaid notice of shipment to the consignee transportation officer—
(i) For all shipments of—
(A) Classified material, protected sensitive, and protected controlled material;
(B) Explosives and poisons, class 1, division 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3; class 2, division 2.3 and class 6, division 6.1;
(C) Radioactive materials requiring the use of a III bar label; or
(ii) When a truckload/carload shipment of supplies weighing 20,000 pounds or more, or a shipment of less weight that occupies the full visible capacity of a railway car or motor vehicle, is given to any carrier (common, contract, or private) for transportation to a domestic destination (other than a port for export);
(2) Transmits the notice by rapid means to be received by the consignee transportation officer at least 24 hours before the arrival of the shipment; and
(3) Send, to the receiving transportation officer, the bill of lading or letter or other document containing the following information and prominently identified as a “Report of Shipment”or “REPSHIP FOR T.O.”
REPSHIP FOR T.O. 81 JUN 01
DEFENSE DEPOT, MEMPHIS, TN.
SHIPPED YOUR DEPOT 1981 JUN 1 540 CTNS MENS
COTTON TROUSERS, 30,240 LB, 1782 CUBE, VIA XX-YY*
IN CAR NO. XX 123456**-BL***-C98000031****
CONTRACT DLA_____ETA*****-JUNE 5 JONES & CO., JERSEY CITY, N.J.
*Name of rail carrier, trucker, or other carrier.
***Bill of lading.
****If not shipped by BL, identify lading document and state whether paid by contractor.
*****Estimated time of arrival.
(End of clause)