As prescribed in 23.1005,
(a) Insert the clause at 52.223-5, Pollution Prevention and Right-to-Know Information, in solicitations and contracts that provide for performance, in whole or in part, on a Federal facility.
(b) Use the clause with its Alternate I if the contract provides for contractor—
(1) Operation or maintenance of a Federal facility at which the agency has implemented or plans to implement an EMS; or
(2) Activities and operations—
(i) To be performed at a Government-operated Federal facility that has implemented or plans to implement an EMS; and
(ii) That the agency has determined are covered within the EMS.
(c) Use the clause with its Alternate II if—
(1) The contract provides for contractor activities on a Federal facility; and
(2) The agency has determined that the contractor activities should be included within the FCA or an environmental management system audit.
Pollution Prevention and Right-to-Know Information Alternate I (May 2011)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause—
“Toxic chemical” means a chemical or chemical category listed in 40 CFR 372.65.
(b) Federal facilities are required to comply with the provisions of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 (EPCRA) (42 U.S.C. 11001-11050), and the Pollution Prevention Act of 1990 (PPA) (42 U.S.C. 13101-13109).
(c) The Contractor shall provide all information needed by the Federal facility to comply with the following:
(1) The emergency planning reporting requirements of Section 302 of EPCRA.
(2) The emergency notice requirements of Section 304 of EPCRA.
(3) The list of Material Safety Data Sheets, required by Section 311 of EPCRA.
(4) The emergency and hazardous chemical inventory forms of Section 312 of EPCRA.
(5) The toxic chemical release inventory of Section 313 of EPCRA, which includes the reduction and recycling information required by Section 6607 of PPA.
(6) The toxic chemical and hazardous substance release and use reduction goals of section 2(e) of Executive Order 13423 and of Executive Order 13514.
(7) The environmental management system as described in section 3(b) of E.O. 13423 and 2(j) of E.O. 13514.
(End of clause)