We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
This policy defines the requirements to ensure compliance with the applicable data privacy laws and regulations application to Unison’s collection, use, and transmission of Personal Data for information collected by us on our website.
For residents (data subjects) of the European Union, when we collect and use personal data (information) about you, we may be subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union and responsible as a data controller for such personal data.
For residents (consumers) of the United States, when we collect and use personal information about you, we may be subject to the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and responsible as a business or service provider for such personal data.
Personal data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage data is data collected automatically either generated using the website or from the infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Usage Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the way any personal information is, or is to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processors (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual using our website and is the subject of personal data.
- Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our services to you.
Types of Data Collected
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products or services, when you participate in activities on the website or otherwise contact us.
The personal information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Name (First and Last Name)
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Phone Numbers
- Contact preferences
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that you may have requested or may be of interest to you.
We may also collect information such as your browser whenever you visit our website. This information may include network traffic data, which is anonymous information relating to pages visited, time spent at pages, etc., that does not personally identify a website visitor. It usually includes the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the visitor’s network and identity of the website browser used and may include the type of operating system the visitor uses or other non-personal information.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website services to you.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Examples of cookies we may use:
- Session Cookies – last for a session; the session starts when you launch a website or web app and ends when you leave the website or close your browser.
- Functional Cookies – allows the website to remember the user’s site preferences and choices.
- Statistical Cookies – used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. This cookie expires after 1 day. This data is sent to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior.
- Timezone Cookies – provides an accurate overview of timezone information for each session.
Use of Data
Unison may use the collected data for the purpose:
- To provide and maintain our website
- To notify you about changes to our website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our website
- To monitor the usage of our website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Unison needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Unison permission to do so
- The processing your personal information is in legitimate interests, and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information, we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you – Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance.
- The right of rectification – You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent – You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Unison relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use it for any other purpose.
Our website is not directed at anyone under 16, and we will not knowingly allow those under 16 to provide any PII (Personally Identifiable Information).