As prescribed in 5304.404-90, the contracting officer must insert the clause at 5352.204-9000, Notification of Government Security Activity and Visitor Group Security Agreements, in solicitations and contracts which require a DD Form 254 for performance on U.S. Government installations and overseas. The contracting officer may change the number of days specified in 5352.204-9000(a). If less than thirty days is used, coordinate with the security police activity.
NOTIFICATION OF GOVERNMENT SECURITY ACTIVITY AND VISITOR GROUP SECURITY AGREEMENTS (OCT 2019)
This contract contains a DD Form 254, DOD Contract Security Classification Specification, and requires performance at a government location in the U.S. or overseas. Prior to beginning operations involving classified information on an installation identified on the DD Form 254, the contractor shall take the following actions:
(a) At least thirty days prior to beginning operations, notify the Information Protection Office shown in the distribution block of the DD Form 254 as to:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of this contract company s representative and designated alternate in the U.S. or overseas area, as appropriate;
(2) The contract number and military contracting command;
(3) The highest classification category of defense information to which contractor employees will have access;
(4) The Air Force installations in the U.S. (in overseas areas, identify only the APO number(s)) where the contract work will be performed;
(5) The date contractor operations will begin on base in the U.S. or in the overseas area;
(6) The estimated completion date of operations on base in the U.S. or in the overseas area; and,
(7) Any changes to information previously provided under this clause.
This requirement is in addition to visit request procedures contained in DoDM 5220.22, National Industrial Security Program: Procedures for Government Activities Relating to Foreign Ownership, Control, or Influence (FOCI).
(b) Prior to beginning operations involving classified information on an installation identified on the DD Form 254, the contractor shall enter into a Visitor Group Security Agreement (or understanding) with the installation commander to ensure that the contractor s security procedures are properly integrated with those of the installation. As a minimum, the agreement shall identify the security actions that will be performed:
(1) By the installation for the contractor, such as providing storage and classified reproduction facilities, guard services, security forms, security inspections, classified mail services, security badges, visitor control, and investigating security incidents; and
(2) Jointly by the contractor and the installation, such as packaging and addressing classified transmittals, security checks, internal security controls, and implementing emergency procedures to protect classified material.
(End of clause)