As prescribed in 229.402-1, use the clause at 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests and Receiving Reports, in solicitations and contracts, including solicitations and contracts using FAR part 12 procedures for the acquisition of commercial items.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF PAYMENT REQUESTS AND RECEIVING REPORTS (JUN 2012)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause—
(1) “Contract financing payment” and “invoice payment” have the meanings given in section 32.001 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
(2) “Electronic form” means any automated system that transmits information electronically from the initiating system to all affected systems. Facsimile, e-mail, and scanned documents are not acceptable electronic forms for submission of payment requests. However, scanned documents are acceptable when they are part of a submission of a payment request made using Wide Area WorkFlow (WAWF) or another electronic form authorized by the Contracting Officer.
(3) “Payment request” means any request for contract financing payment or invoice payment submitted by the Contractor under this contract.
(4) “Receiving report” means the data required by the clause at 252.246-7000, Material Inspection and Receiving Report.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this clause, the Contractor shall submit payment requests and receiving reports using WAWF, in one of the following electronic formats that WAWF accepts: Electronic Data Interchange, Secure File Transfer Protocol, or World Wide Web input. Information regarding WAWF is available on the Internet at https://wawf.eb.mil/.
(c) The Contractor may submit a payment request and receiving report using other than WAWF only when—
(1) The Contracting Officer administering the contract for payment has determined, in writing, that electronic submission would be unduly burdensome to the Contractor. In such cases, the Contractor shall include a copy of the Contracting Officer’s determination with each request for payment;
(2) DoD makes payment for commercial transportation services provided under a Government rate tender or a contract for transportation services using a DoD-approved electronic third party payment system or other exempted vendor payment/invoicing system (e.g., PowerTrack, Transportation Financial Management System, and Cargo and Billing System);
(3) DoD makes payment for rendered health care services using the TRICARE Encounter Data System (TEDS) as the electronic format; or
(4) When the Governmentwide commercial purchase card is used as the method of payment, only submission of the receiving report in electronic form is required.
(d) The Contractor shall submit any non-electronic payment requests using the method or methods specified in Section G of the contract.
(e) In addition to the requirements of this clause, the Contractor shall meet the requirements of the appropriate payment clauses in this contract when submitting payment requests.
(End of clause)