As prescribed in 25.1102(e),
(1) When using funds appropriated under the Recovery Act for construction, use provisions and clauses 52.225-21, 52.225-22, 52.225-23, or 52.225-24 (with appropriate Alternates) in lieu of the provisions and clauses 52.225-9, 52.225-10, 52.225-11, or 52.225-12 (with appropriate Alternates), respectively, that would be applicable as prescribed in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section if Recovery Act funds were not used.
(2) If these Recovery Act provisions and clauses are only applicable to a project consisting of certain line items in the contract, identify in the schedule the line items to which the provisions and clauses apply.
(3) When using clause 52.225-23, list foreign construction material in paragraph (b)(3) of the clause as follows:
(i) Basic clause. List all foreign construction materials excepted from the Buy American statute or section 1605 of the Recovery Act, other than manufactured construction material from a Recovery Act designated country or unmanufactured construction material from a designated country.
(ii) Alternate I. List in paragraph (b)(3) of the clause all foreign construction material excepted from the Buy American statute or section 1605 of the Recovery Act, other than-
(A) Manufactured construction material from a Recovery Act designated country other than Bahrain, Mexico, or Oman; or
(B) Unmanufactured construction material from a designated country other than Bahrain, Mexico, or Oman.
Notice of Required Use of American Iron, Steel, and Manufactured Goods-Buy American Statute-Construction Materials (Jan 2021) Alternate I (May2014).
(a) Definitions. "Construction material," "domestic construction material," "foreign construction material," "manufacturedconstructionmaterial," "steel," and "unmanufactured construction material," as used in this provision, are defined in the clause of this solicitation entitled "Required Use of Iron, Steel, and Manufactured Goods-Buy American statute-Construction Materials" (Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clause 52.225-21).
(b) Requests for determinations of inapplicability. An offeror requesting a determination regarding the inapplicability of section 1605 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Pub. L. 111-5) (Recovery Act) or the Buy American statute shall submit the request with its offer, including the information and applicable supporting data required by paragraphs (c) and (d) of the clause at FAR 52.225-21.
(c) Evaluation of offers.
(1) If the Government determines that an exception based on unreasonable cost of domestic construction material applies in accordance with FAR 25.604, the Government will evaluate an offer requesting exception to the requirements of section 1605 of the Recovery Act or the Buy American statute by adding to the offered price of the contract-
(i) 25 percent of the offered price of the contract, if foreign manufactured construction material is incorporated in the offer based on an exception for unreasonable cost of comparable manufactured domestic construction material; and
(ii) 20 percent of the cost of foreign unmanufactured construction material included in the offer based on an exception for the unreasonable cost of comparable domestic unmanufactured construction material.
(2) If the solicitation specifies award on the basis of factors in addition to cost or price, the Contracting Officer will apply the evaluation factors as specified in paragraph (c)(1) of this provision and use the evaluated price in determining the offer that represents the best value to the Government.
(3) Unless paragraph (c)(2) of this provision applies, if two or more offers are equal in price, the Contracting Officer will give preference to an offer that does not include foreign construction material excepted at the request of the Offeror on the basis of unreasonable cost of comparable domestic construction material.
(d) Alternate offers.
(1) When an offer includes foreign construction material not listed by the Government in this solicitation in paragraph (b)(3) of the clause at FAR 52.225-21, the Offeror also may submit an alternate offer based on use of equivalent domestic construction material.
(2) If an alternate offer is submitted, the Offeror shall submit a separate Standard Form 1442 for the alternate offer and a separate cost comparison table prepared in accordance with paragraphs (c) and (d) of the clause at FAR 52.225-21 for the offer that is based on the use of any foreign construction material for which the Government has not yet determined an exception applies.
(3) If the Government determines that a particular exception requested in accordance with paragraph (c) of the clause at FAR 52.225-21 does not apply, the Government will evaluate only those offers based on use of the equivalent domestic construction material, and the Offeror shall be required to furnish such domestic construction material. An offer based on use of the foreign construction material for which an exception was requested-
(i) Will be rejected as nonresponsive if this acquisition is conducted by sealed bidding; or
(ii) May be accepted if revised during negotiations.
(End of Provision)