This clause has not been authorized for official release. We recommend deferring to the text of the clause in your RFP or contract.
"Confidential Business Information," (Information) as used in this clause, is defined as all forms and types of financial, business, economic or other types of information other than technical data or computer software/computer software documentation, whether tangible or intangible, and whether or how stored, compiled, or memorialized physically, electronically, graphically, photographically, or in writing if-- (1) the owner thereof has taken reasonable measures to keep such Information secret, and (2) the Information derives independent economic value, actual or potential from not being generally known to, and not being readily ascertainable through proper means by, the public. Information does not include technical data, as that term is defined in DFARS 252.227- 7013(a)(14), 252.227-70 15(a)(4), and 252.227-70 18(a)(19). Similarly, Information does not include computer software/computer software documentation, as those terms are defined in DFARS 252.227-70 14(a)(4) and 252.227-7018(a)(4).
(b) The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) may release to individuals employed by SPAWAR support contractors and their subcontractors Information submitted by the contractor or its subcontractors pursuant to the provisions of this contract. Information that would ordinarily be entitled to confidential treatment may be included in the Information released to these individuals. Accordingly, by submission of a proposal or execution of this contract, the offeror or contractor and its subcontractors consent to a limited release of its Information, but only for purposes as described in paragraph (c) of this clause.
(c) Circumstances where SPAWAR may release the contractor's or subcontractors' Information include the following:
(1) To other SPAWAR contractors and subcontractors, and their employees tasked with assisting SPAWAR in handling and processing Information and documents in the administration of SPAWAR contracts, such as file room management and contract closeout; and,
(2) To SPAWAR contractors and subcontractors, and their employees tasked with assisting SPAWAR in accounting support services, including access to cost-reimbursement vouchers.
(d) SPAWAR recognizes its obligation to protect the contractor and its subcontractors from competitive harm that could result from the release of such Information. SPAWAR will permit the limited release of Information under paragraphs (c)(l) and (c)(2) only under the following conditions:
(1) SPAWAR determines that access is required by other SPAWAR contractors and their subcontractors to perform the tasks described in paragraphs (c)(l) and (c)(2);
(2) Access to Information is restricted to individuals with a bona fide need to possess;
(3) Contractors and their subcontractors having access to Information have agreed under their contract or a separate corporate non-disclosure agreement to provide the same level of protection to the Information that would be provided by SPAWAR employees. Such contract terms or separate corporate non-disclosure agreement shall require the contractors and subcontractors to train their employees on how to properly handle the Information to which they will have access, and to have their employees sign company non disclosure agreements certifying that they understand the sensitive nature of the Information and that unauthorized use of the Information could expose their company to significant liability. Copies of such employee non disclosure agreements shall be provided to the Government;
(4) SPAWAR contractors and their subcontractors performing the tasks described in paragraphs (c)(l) or (c)(2) have agreed under their contract or a separate non-disclosure agreement to not use the Information for any purpose other than performing the tasks described in paragraphs (c)(!) and (c)(2); and,
(5) Before releasing the Information to a non-Government person to perform the tasks described in paragraphs (c)(l) and (c)(2), SPAWAR shall provide the contractor a list of the company names to which access is being granted, along with a Point of Contact for those entities.
(e) SPAWAR's responsibilities under the Freedom oflnformation Act are not affected by this clause.
(f) The contractor agrees to include, and require inclusion of, this clause in all subcontracts at any tier that requires the furnishing of Information.
(End of clause)
The contractor agrees to include, and require inclusion of, this clause in all subcontracts at any tier that requires the furnishing of Information.