Insert the following clause in solicitations and contracts involving total small business set-asides. This includes multiple-award contracts when orders may be set aside for any of the small business concerns identified in 19.000(a)(3), as described in 8.405-5 and 16.505(b)(2)(i)(F).
Notice of Total Small Business Set-Aside (MAR 2020) (DEVIATION 2020-O0008)
(a) Definition. “Small business concern,” as used in this clause, means a concern, including its affiliates, that is independently owned and operated, not dominant in the field of operation in which it is bidding on Government contracts, and qualified as a small business under the size standards in this solicitation.
(b) Applicability. This clause applies only to—
(1) Contracts that have been totally set aside for small business concerns; and
(2) Orders set aside for small business concerns under multiple-award contracts as described in 8.405-5 and 16.505(b)(2)(i)(F).
(1) Offers are solicited only from small business concerns. Offers received from concerns that are not small business concerns shall be considered nonresponsive and will be rejected.
(2) Any award resulting from this solicitation will be made to a small business concern.
(1) For a contract or an order at or below the simplified acquisition threshold, a small business concern may provide the end item of any firm. For a contract or an order exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold, a small business concern that provides an end item it did not manufacture, process, or produce, shall—
(i) Provide an end item that a small business has manufactured, processed, or produced in the United States or its outlying areas;
(ii) Be primarily engaged in the retail or wholesale trade and normally sell the type of item being supplied; and
(iii) Take ownership or possession of the item(s) with its personnel, equipment, or facilities in a manner consistent with industry practice; for example, providing storage, transportation, or delivery.
(2) For contracts or orders for multiple end items, at least 50 percent of the total value of the contract or order shall be manufactured, processed, or produced in the United States or its outlying areas by small business concerns.
(3) Paragraphs (d)(1) through (2) of this clause do not apply to construction or service contracts.
(End of clause)