As prescribed in 645.107-70(a), the contracting officer shall insert the provision at 652.245-70, Status of Property Management System, in solicitations when any of the following conditions apply:
(1) Highway motor vehicles and aircraft, regardless of cost, are provided by the Government or acquired by the contractor for the account of the Government;
(2) Software exceeding $500,000 in value, including labor costs to develop, is provided by the Government or acquired by the contractor for the account of the Government; or
(3) Personal property greater than $25,000 (and not in paragraph (a)(1) of this subsection) is provided by the Government or acquired by the contractor for the account of the Government. The personal property must be complete within itself; does not lose its identity or become a component part of other property when put into use; and is of a durable nature with an estimated useful life expectancy to exceed two years.
STATUS OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (DEC 2013)
(a) When used in this provision, government-furnished property, government property, and contractor-acquired property are as defined in FAR 45.101.
(b) Offerors shall include in their quote or offer:
(1) Whether the offeror's property management system that will be used on this contract to track government-furnished property and/or contractor-acquired property has been determined to be adequate by a Federal property manager;
(2) The name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of both the-
(i) Cognizant Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) responsible for review and determination of adequacy of the contractor's property system; and
(ii) The cognizant contractor government property manager;
(3) The voluntary consensus standard or industry leading practices and standards to be used in the management of government property, or existing property management plans, methods, practices or procedures for accountability of property.
(End of provision)