As prescribed in 4.2105(a), the contracting officer shall insert the provision at 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment—
(1) In all solicitations for contracts; and
(2) Under indefinite delivery contracts, in all notices of intent to place an order, or solicitations for an order (i.e., subpart 8.4 and 16.505).
REPRESENTATION REGARDING CERTAIN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT (AUG 2019)
(a) Definitions. As used in this provision— Covered telecommunications equipment or services, Critical technology, and Substantial or essential component have the meanings provided in clause 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment.
(b) Prohibition. Section 889(a)(1)(A) of the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 (Pub. L. 115-232) prohibits the head of an executive agency on or after August 13, 2019, from procuring or obtaining, or extending or renewing a contract to procure or obtain, any equipment, system, or service that uses covered telecommunications equipment or services as a substantial or essential component of any system, or as critical technology as part of any system. Contractors are not prohibited from providing—
(1) A service that connects to the facilities of a third-party, such as backhaul, roaming, or interconnection arrangements; or
(2) Telecommunications equipment that cannot route or redirect user data traffic or permit visibility into any user data or packets that such equipment transmits or otherwise handles.
(c) Representation. The Offeror represents that— It [ ] will, [ ] will not provide covered telecommunications equipment or services to the Government in the performance of any contract, subcontract or other contractual instrument resulting from this solicitation.
(d) Disclosures. If the Offeror has responded affirmatively to the representation in paragraph (c) of this provision, the Offeror shall provide the following information as part of the offer—
(1) All covered telecommunications equipment and services offered (include brand; model number, such as original equipment manufacturer (OEM) number, manufacturer part number, or wholesaler number; and item description, as applicable);
(2) Explanation of the proposed use of covered telecommunications equipment and services and any factors relevant to determining if such use would be permissible under the prohibition in paragraph (b) of this provision;
(3) For services, the entity providing the covered telecommunications services (include entity name, unique entity identifier, and Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code, if known); and
(4) For equipment, the entity that produced the covered telecommunications equipment (include entity name, unique entity identifier, CAGE code, and whether the entity was the OEM or a distributor, if known).
(End of provision)