As prescribed in 27.202-5(a),
(1) Insert a solicitation provision substantially the same as the provision at 52.227-6, Royalty Information, in—
(i) Any solicitation that may result in a negotiated contract for which royalty information is desired and for which certified cost or pricing data are obtained under 15.403; or
(ii) Sealed bid solicitations only if the need for such information is approved at a level above the contracting officer as being necessary for proper protection of the Government’s interests.
(2) If the solicitation is for communication services and facilities by a common carrier, use the provision with its Alternate I.
Royalty Information (Apr 1984)
(a) Cost or charges for royalties. When the response to this solicitation contains costs or charges for royalties totaling more than $250, the following information shall be included in the response relating to each separate item of royalty or license fee:
(1) Name and address of licensor.
(2) Date of license agreement.
(3) Patent numbers, patent application serial numbers, or other basis on which the royalty is payable.
(4) Brief description, including any part or model numbers of each contract item or component on which the royalty is payable.
(5) Percentage or dollar rate of royalty per unit.
(6) Unit price of contract item.
(7) Number of units.
(8) Total dollar amount of royalties.
(b) Copies of current licenses. In addition, if specifically requested by the Contracting Officer before execution of the contract, the offeror shall furnish a copy of the current license agreement and an identification of applicable claims of specific patents.
(End of provision)