As prescribed at 9.104-7(c), the contracting officer shall insert the clause at 52.209-9, Updates of Publicly Available Information Regarding Responsibility Matters-
(1) In solicitations where the resultant contract value is expected to exceed $550,000; and
(2) In contracts in which the offeror checked “has” in paragraph (b) of the provision at 52.209-7.
Updates of Publicly Available Information Regarding Responsibility Matters (Oct 2018)
(a) The Contractor shall update the information in the Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System (FAPIIS) on a semi-annual basis, throughout the life of the contract, by posting the required information in the System for Award Management via https://www.sam.gov.
(b) As required by section 3010 of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2010 (Pub. L. 111-212), all information posted in FAPIIS on or after April 15, 2011, except past performance reviews, will be publicly available. FAPIIS consists of two segments-
(1) The non-public segment, into which Government officials and the Contractor post information, which can only be viewed by-
(i) Government personnel and authorized users performing business on behalf of the Government; or
(ii) The Contractor, when viewing data on itself; and
(2) The publicly-available segment, to which all data in the non-public segment of FAPIIS is automatically transferred after a waiting period of 14 calendar days, except for-
(i) Past performance reviews required by subpart 42.15;
(ii) Information that was entered prior to April 15, 2011; or
(iii) Information that is withdrawn during the 14-calendar-day waiting period by the Government official who posted it in accordance with paragraph (c)(1) of this clause.
(c) The Contractor will receive notification when the Government posts new information to the Contractor’s record.
(1)If the Contractor asserts in writing within 7 calendar days, to the Government official who posted the information, that some of the information posted to the non-public segment of FAPIIS is covered by a disclosure exemption under the Freedom of Information Act, the Government official who posted the information must within 7 calendar days remove the posting from FAPIIS and resolve the issue in accordance with agency Freedom of Information procedures, prior to reposting the releasable information. The contractor must cite 52.209-9 and request removal within 7 calendar days of the posting to FAPIIS.
(2) The Contractor will also have an opportunity to post comments regarding information that has been posted by the Government. The comments will be retained as long as the associated information is retained, i.e., for a total period of 6 years. Contractor comments will remain a part of the record unless the Contractor revises them.
(3)As required by section 3010 of Pub. L. 111-212, all information posted in FAPIIS on or after April 15, 2011, except past performance reviews, will be publicly available.
(d) Public requests for system information posted prior to April 15, 2011, will be handled under Freedom of Information Act procedures, including, where appropriate, procedures promulgated under E.O. 12600.
(End of clause)