As prescribed in 232.806(a)(1), use the clause at 252.232-7008, Assignment of Claims (Overseas), instead of the clause at FAR 52.232-23, Assignment of Claims, in solicitations and contracts when contract performance will be in a foreign country.
ASSIGNMENT OF CLAIMS (OVERSEAS) (JUN 1997)
(a) No claims for monies due, or to become due, shall be assigned by the Contractor unless--
(1) Approved in writing by the Contracting Officer;
(2) Made in accordance with the laws and regulations of the United States of America; and
(3) Permitted by the laws and regulations of the Contractor’s country.
(b) In no event shall copies of this contract or of any plans, specifications, or other similar documents relating to work under this contract, if marked “Top Secret,” “Secret,” or “Confidential” be furnished to any assignee of any claim arising under this contract or to any other person not entitled to receive such documents. However, a copy of any part or all of this contract so marked may be furnished, or any information contained herein may be disclosed, to such assignee upon the Contracting Officer’s prior written authorization.
(c) Any assignment under this contract shall cover all amounts payable under this contract and not already paid, and shall not be made to more than one party, except that any such assignment may be made to one party as agent or trustee for two or more parties participating in such financing. On each invoice or voucher submitted for payment under this contract to which any assignment applies, and for which direct payment thereof is to be made to an assignee, the Contractor shall--
(1) Identify the assignee by name and complete address; and
(2) Acknowledge the validity of the assignment and the right of the named assignee to receive payment in the amount invoiced or vouchered.
(End of clause)