As prescribed in 519.870-8,
(a) Insert the following clauses in solicitations, contracts, and orders issued under the MOU:
(1) Insert the clause at 552.219-74, Section 8(a) Direct Award.
(2) Insert the clause at FAR 52.219-14, Limitation on Subcontracting.
(3) Insert the clause at FAR 52.219-18, Notification of Competition Limited to Eligible 8(a) Concerns. Substitute the paragraph below for paragraph (c) of the clause. Add the word “Deviation” at the end of the clause title.
“(c) Any award resulting from this solicitation will be made directly by the Contracting Officer to the successful 8(a) offeror selected through the evaluation criteria set forth in this solicitation.”
(b) Do not use the clauses at FAR 52.219-11, Special 8(a) Contract Conditions, FAR 52.219-12, Special 8(a) Subcontract Conditions, or FAR 52.219-17, Section 8(a) Award.
Section 8(A) Direct Award (Sep 1999)
(a) This contract is issued as a direct award between the contracting activity and the 8(a) Contractor pursuant to the Memorandum of Understanding between the Small Business Administration (SBA) and the General Services Administration. SBA retains the responsibility for 8(a) certifications, 8(a) eligibility determinations, and related issues, and will provide counseling and assistance to the 8(a) contractor under the 8(a) program. The cognizant SBA district office is:
[Complete at time of award]
(b) The contracting activity is responsible for administering the contract and taking any action on behalf of the Government under the terms and conditions of the contract. However, the contracting activity shall give advance notice to SBA before it issues a final notice terminating performance, either in whole or in part, under the contract. The contracting activity shall also coordinate with SBA prior to processing any advance payments or novation agreements. The contracting activity may assign contract administration functions to a contract administration office.
(c) The Contractor agrees:
(1) To notify the Contracting Officer, simultaneous with its notification to SBA (as required by SBA’s 8(a) regulations), when the owner or owners upon whom 8(a) eligibility is based plan to relinquish ownership or control of the concern. Consistent with 15 U.S.C. 637(a)(21), transfer of ownership or control shall result in termination of the contract for convenience, unless SBA waives the requirement for termination prior to the actual relinquishing of ownership and control.
(2) To the requirements of 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting.
(End of clause)